The employee-employer relationship is a highly regulated one and, to remain compliant, employers must familiarize themselves with a variety of laws affecting recruitment, hiring, leaves of absence, equal employment opportunity, wage payment, and discipline and termination of employees.
CSG’s employment team is a trusted business advisor to companies of all sizes, and helps in-house counsel, management and human resources professionals navigate the complex maze of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
We provide counseling and preparation of the necessary initiatives, policies and procedures employers should have in place to minimize exposure to employment claims – including litigation relating to discrimination, harassment or retaliation lawsuits and other potentially costly actions.
Our employment attorneys provide counseling to management on a broad range of issues, including:
- Equal pay
- Age, race, gender, disability and other forms of discrimination
- Wage and hour compliance
- Protected leaves of absence under state and federal law
- Department of Labor and other governmental audits
- Development and implementation of employment policies, handbooks and other programs
- Whistleblower or other forms of alleged retaliation
- Wrongful discharge
- Employee benefits
- Draft, review and revise employee contracts, separation and severance agreements, restrictive covenants, confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements, and policy statements
- Employee training programs, including anti-harassment and workplace sensitivity training
- Employer/employee relations counseling
- Workplace investigations